Sunday, March 15, 2009

Refreshing Weekend

There is nothing like a weekend away with friends. I got back last night from my annual trip to the Hearts at Home conference in Bloomington, IL. Four of us girls travel together and stay with another friend that lives in Bloomington (Thanks Tara) and we have a gab fest like you wouldn't believe! The conference was great with the likes of Dr. Kevin Leman, Go Fish and too many others to name. We laughed, we cried, we hugged, we talked, we did everything but sleep much. Even still it was a great time away - even if it was only 2 days/nights.

Quinn got undivided attention from dad and they had a wonderful time together (even though Quinn cried for me every night). I'm sure they ate some junk food, and I know they had steak, baked potatoes and cheesecake. I missed out on a great meal as my husband is an expert griller!

Quinn is on cycle break right now and won't go back to school until the 24th. Usually it drives me nuts, but I may just be OK this time. I still have to get him registered for kindergarten, but I have until July to do it. School starts the 17th of July and he is all ready to go to the big school. After 2 years of preschool, he is an expert at the school bus, so I don't have any worries there. Well, maybe with some of the other kids on the bus, but not Quinn.

I have been looking to get a new digital camera and when I do, there will be more and better pictures on here.

No comments: